Oil Spill Cleaning
If you experience an oil spillage you will need to call in the professionals immediately to clean it up.
The longer the oil spill is left, the worse the impact will be on your property, people and the environment.
Over time, the complications and costs associated with cleaning up oil spills can drastically increase. So it is vital you act quickly.
At Vinci Response Services we have the knowledge, experience and all of the safety equipment required to professionally clean up an oil spill, including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and special breathing equipment.
Our technicians are highly trained and know how to deal with each type of oil or chemical spillage. They also understand that the oil spill will need to be cleaned quickly, with safety being their utmost priority.
In The Event Of An Oil Spillage
- It is important to keep calm and call Vinci Response Services immediately, providing us with as much information about the oil spill as possible.
- If it is safe to do so, seal off the area to prevent any further exposure or risk.
- We will conduct a survey of your site, including a risk assessment. We will also advise if any other bodies need to be informed, such as the environmental agency or water board.
- We can take oil spillage samples to be tested in laboratories and we will also check for soil contamination.
- We will thoroughly clear the area, safely disposing of any hazardous materials.
- Using state-of-the-art technology, along with specialist environmentally friendly degreasers and cleaning products, we will remove every trace of the oil spill.
- We will provide you with a certificate once we have finished cleaning up the oil spill, to confirm the service we have provided.
Why Are Oil Spills So Dangerous?
An oil spill can cause a number of dangerous issues and should be cleaned up as quickly as possible.
People – Short term exposure to oil spillages can cause skin and eye irritation as well as breathing problems. Long term exposure can have more devastating consequences, such as kidney and lung disease, heart problems and can even cause fatalities. Oil spills can also be a dangerous slip hazard. You can become ill through drinking water contaminated with oil.
Property – Oil spills can cause excessive damage to the surfaces and material they come into contact with. It is important affected materials are removed as quickly and safely as possible to limit this damage. Oil spillages can also cause a major fire risk.
Environment – Oil spills can have a devastating effect on the environment. It can be harmful or even fatal for wildlife. There are a number of consequences if soil is contaminated as it will affect the soil health. If the oil is absorbed into any plants growing in the soil, it will harm livestock that feed off those plants as well as local wildlife and plant eating insects. The plants themselves will stop growing and seeds will be unable to germinate. Oil can enter a watercourse through soil and rock, polluting it and causing further impact on wildlife and plants.
Vinci Response Oil Spill Clean Up Services
Hydraulic Oil Spill Clean Up
Hydraulic oil is highly flammable and toxic, making it extremely hazardous to people and the environment. Whether there has been an issue with a hose rupturing and leaking or a large spill, it will still need to be dealt safely and professionally.
Diesel Oil Spill Clean Up
If diesel fumes are inhaled, it can cause dizziness, headaches, nausea and breathing problems. If it comes into contact with skin it can cause skin irritations and also irritate the eyes. Long term exposure can cause devastating health conditions and can be fatal. It is also a fire and slip hazard.